Zelis Healthcare (founded 1995, former board member, and shareholder; founded as Coalition America and dba Stratose)
HealthLink Dimensions (founded 2000, board member, and shareholder)
CareLike (founded 2013, board member, and shareholder)
Castellan Group (founded 2018)
Sean is an entrepreneur in the healthcare technology industry co-founding several leading-edge businesses with his twin brother in healthcare cost management and data analytics.
His success at Stratose led to its recapitalization by Parthenon Capital in 2015 and a subsequent merger in 2016 with Premier Health Exchange, Pay-Plus Solutions, and GlobalCare to form Zelis Healthcare. This merger formed the market-leading provider of end-to-end healthcare claims cost management and payments solutions serving the largest healthcare, dental, and workers’ compensation payers. In 2019, Zelis Healthcare & RedCard merged and was recapitalized with Bain Capital, Parthenon, and the founders making Zelis Healthcare/RedCard the nation’s largest healthcare fintech company with a multibillion-dollar valuation.
Today, Sean spends most of his time furthering the efforts of The Castellan Group. Castellan is an independent investment advisor wholly owned by perpetual charitable trusts. All profits beyond expenses of the firm are donated to charities through the trusts. Castellan exist to partner with ultra-high net worth families as accountable stewards providing outstanding stewardship of all your resources with the goal of simplifying your life and improving your returns.
Sean serves as an active or past board member, founder, advisor, and/or shareholder to: CAHC Ventures, Inc. (Zelis Healthcare/RedCard equity holding company), HealthLink Dimensions, CareLike, Castellan Group, Sterling Investments (the nation’s largest Moe’s Southwester Grill restaurant operator), University of Kentucky Gatton Business School Business Partnership Foundation, YPO Gold Miami member; lifetime member of the University of Kentucky alumni association, former member on the Board of Councilors for the Carter Center, former EO Atlanta Chapter President and member, and a former TEC member.
Awards and Recognition:
- Inc. 5000 - HealthLink Dimensions 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- University of Kentucky Patterson Fellow; inducted into Gatton Hall of Fame in 2011
- Deloitte Fast 50 in 2002, 2004, 2005, & 2006
- Listed as one of the “Top 50 Entrepreneurs in Atlanta” by Catalyst Magazine in 2003 and 2004 for companies between $5-$100 million in revenue
- Inc. 500 #96 - Coalition America 2000
- Ernst & Young 1998 and 1999 National Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist – Young (Under 30) Category
- Ernst & Young 1998 Southeast Region Entrepreneur of the Year Winner – Emerging Growth Category
- Georgia Trend 1998 40 Under 40 – Individuals under forty years in age chosen for their achievements and potential in the State of Georgia
- Georgia Outstanding Citizen Award
- Commissioned as Kentucky Colonel